How to get a free Squarespace trial
Squarespace is an excellent option if you are planning to create your website soon or perhaps thinking of re-creating your existing website. There are many reasons why you would want to try Squarespace - it is easy to use, provides excellent online support, mobile-responsive, and is cost-effective. If you are a business owner, then there are more reasons to make Squarespace the perfect home for your website. It is search engine friendly and can be easily integrated with different marketing tools.
Choosing a platform for your website is not an easy thing to do, but Squarespace makes it easy to try them out with their 14-day free trial.
What are the benefits of trying out Squarespace?
- You get access to almost all features. This trial will help you get to know all their amazing features, so you can better assess if it is right for you. A trial is great for learning how the platform works and even how you can design it for your site.
- You don’t have to provide any financial information. Unlike other service trials online, you will not be required to provide your credit card information to sign up for a trial. You only need to provide this when you’ve decided to upgrade to a paid service.
- You can create as many trials as you want. This free trial is applicable for all new sites, which means if you have an existing site on Squarespace you can also get a free 14-day trial on all new sites. This means you can also try out several designs at the same time by creating one trial for each design.
What are the limitations of a Squarespace trial?
Here are other things you’d need to know about the Squarespace trial period:
- Your site is hidden behind a CAPTCHA during the trial. Although your site is online immediately when you start your trial, it is hidden behind a CAPTCHA. This means you need to enter in a password everytime you want someone to see it.
- Your trial site won’t be indexed by search engines. Don’t fret because as soon as you upgrade to a paid service, then your site will be visible to search engines.
- Your trial site will not be able to accept payments. You need to upgrade to a paid service if you want to accept payments through Squarespace Commerce or by connecting to a Paypal Business Account.
How to start a Squarespace trial site?
If you’re ready to try out Squarespace, here’s how to do it if you don’t have any Squarespace account yet:
- Go to Squarespace.com.
- Click Create a site.
- Follow the prompts to create your Squarespace trial site.
Easy, eh? If you already have a Squarespace account and would like to start a new trial, here’s what you need to do:
- Log in to your Squarespace account.
- Go to your main menu.
- Click Build a site.
Once you successfully create a site, you will see demo content on our trial site. Feel free to remove everything and design as you see fit or choose from one of the many well-designed templates available.
What happens when the 14-day Squarespace trial ends?
You can upgrade to a paid service any time before the trial expires. If you have not yet upgraded a day before your trial expires, you will receive an email to remind you to take action. If you need more time, you may also request for a 7-day extension on your trial.
If you choose not to upgrade to a paid service, you can either cancel your Squarespace trial or you can simply let your trial expire. Take note that upon expiry, you will not have access to your site until you upgrade to a paid service. It usually takes 30 days for any expired content to be deleted, so you have around that much time to upgrade and still use the content on your trial site.
Let's work together
Got an amazing business idea you need help bringing to life? Time to refresh your existing brand? Ready to get serious and connect with your customers with a stunning Squarespace site?