How to Create a Password Page in Squarespace
While managing your Squarespace site, you might need to protect a few pages from the general public and make it accessible only to a select group of people. You can do this by creating a password-protected page that requires a site visitor to provide a password before they are given access to the page.
Password-protect pages can be used for;
- Resource library
- Client portal or project package (i.e., project details, post-project tutorials and files, etc)
- Wholesale price list
- Post drafted content that you want someone else to access for feedback, edits, approval, etc
- Exclusive pages only certain members have access to
- Special sign up forms like intake forms, or application forms
Before you begin, there are several things to take note of.
- Passwords must be case sensitive.
- Make your password easy to remember but not so easy that anyone could guess it
- Users must re-enter the password again when their session expires after four hours.
- You need to have a good method to deliver your password
To create a password-protected page in Squarespace, follow these steps:
Step 1: Click Page in the Home Menu.
Step 2: Select the page you want to protect with a password.
Step 3: Open the Page Settings by clicking the gear icon on the right of the page title.
Step 4: Scroll down to the password option and enter a password in the box.
Step 5: Click Save. A lock icon will then be displayed next to the page title in the page’s panel.
Step 6: Test out your page by clicking the incognito tab. Go to the password-protected page and log in using your password.
Step 7: A default lock screen will be shown when visiting the page's URL. You can customize this by using the Lock Screen tweak in the Design panel.
In the future, you can also change or remove the password. Just follow steps 1 - 4, then either add a new password or delete the existing one and click save.
Let's work together
Got an amazing business idea you need help bringing to life? Time to refresh your existing brand? Ready to get serious and connect with your customers with a stunning Squarespace site?